This summer, our staff began a hunt for the best markets to find fresh, local goods to help you get a real taste of Florida! We’re highlighting our top 5 favorite vendors at each location, and will help you stock those cabinets in your beautiful kitchen at Vista Cay! Last time, we featured the Winter Garden Farmers Market.
This week we are featuring….
Winter Park Farmer’s Market
200 W New England Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789
Why we love it: The market is located right in Downtown Winter Park, and we love taking a stroll down nearby Park Avenue, in and out of various specialty stores and stopping for lunch at a local restaurant.
Why it is unique: In addition to the outdoor selection, the market boasts an indoor pavilion with even more vendors.
Distance to Vista Cay Resort: 35 minutes
The Winter Park Farmers Market is a staple for Orlando locals. The market is open on Saturdays from 7 am to 1 pm and is a great way to spend your morning or afternoon. At the market, you can stock up on farm fresh produce, fresh jams and honey, delicious breads and pastries, and peruse local artwork. With so much to choose from, it was definitely hard to choose our top 5 favorites.
Our Top 5 Favorite Vendors at the Winter Park Farmers Market
- Simply Savory Gourmet Dips- we love this fun booth! The staff at Simply Savory is always super friendly and wants you to experience what their booth is all about. Stop by for a cup of pretzel sticks and treat yourself to their many delicious concoctions. With samples of everything from sweet to savory, I guarantee you’ll find one you like. They can also be found at the Winter Garden Farmers Market and Artegon Marketplace.
- Peak Season Pops– the perfect treat for a hot summer day! With flavors from banana cream pie to pineapple blueberry, you’ll be happy you stopped here to cool down from that Florida sunshine.
- DOGgone Gourmet Treats– a special treat for your furry friends! Unique flavors like sweet potato pie, peanut butter and cheesy bacon will definitely have their tails wagging, and you’ll feel good that you’ve given your dogs an all-natural, grain-free treat!
- Kettle Korn– this stuff is FRESH! You can see them cooking your popcorn right there in the hot kettle! It is the perfect blend of sweet and salty, and our staff absolutely loves it.
- Lorrie’s Smokehouse– the smell from this food truck is absolutely irresistible! Try the Sloppy Pig!
After you’ve finished stocking up on local goods, we suggest a stroll down the quaint Park Avenue. This street is full of locally owned specialty stores and boutiques as well as some local restaurants. We absolutely love Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine (try the lavash!) and Prato for authentic Italian. Simply delicious! You can also peruse over 150 different types of wines at The Wine Room, where you get to pour your own glass from a wine-dispensing machine. Super fun!
At just a thirty minute drive from the Vista Cay Resort, this is a great choice for a half-day trip. You’ll get a taste for some local cuisines and artwork, and can even bring home some fresh foods to stock your own beautiful kitchen!
If you liked this article, be sure to check our our review of the Winter Garden Farmers market HERE.