Our staff is beginning a hunt for the best local markets to stock your kitchen at Vista Cay! Check out our blog in the coming weeks for the tastiest local produce and other fresh goods. We’ll highlight our top five favorite vendors at each one, so make sure you check them out!
This week we are featuring….
Winter Garden Farmer’s Market
104 South Lakeview Avenue
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Why we love it: This market has grown tremendously in size since it began and has an amazing variety of fresh, local goods.
Why it is unique: The market features live music from 10 AM to 2 PM
Distance to Vista Cay Resort: 28 minutes
We’re starting off our tour of Orlando’s farmers markets with one of our staff’s absolute favorites, the Winter Garden Farmers Market! It’s a short drive from the Vista Cay Resort, and has enough stalls to keep your family entertained for a few hours. The market is open from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturdays. You can spend your morning perusing booths full of delicious farm fresh produce, decadent caramels and chocolates, made-to-order dumplings, local honey, gourmet popsicles, and handmade soaps, to name just a few. But I know you’re holding out for my Top 5 favorites, so here you go!
Our Top 5 Favorite Vendors at the Winter Garden Farmers Market
- Nisha’s Flavors of India– outrageously bold and delicious flavors! My favorite creations of theirs include the Paratha Dip and Cilantro Peanut Chutney. Spread both on some of their naan and your tastebuds will thank me. Plus, you’ll have a great time interacting with their staff! So friendly and offer tons of samples of their amazing foods!
- Mr. and Mrs. Pickle- another stall that offers samples of their goods! It’s hard to decide between all of their offerings, but I don’t leave the market without their bleu cheese stuffed olives.
- Tia’s Chips– yet another booth offering samples! These are the most delicious plantain chips I have ever had. Crispy, salty, and cut into long, thin strips instead of rounds- they are to die for!
- Produce– Well, it is a farmers market after all ;)! Find the biggest selection of fresh fruits and veggies under the big outdoor pavilion, you can’t miss it. This week I brought home the juiciest peaches I’ve ever tasted and some 50 cent mangos!
- Honey Caramels– my first time trying this booth and all I have to say is WOW! Man are these decadent. I cannot wait to try some of their other menu items like the Iced Caramel Latte and Caramel Ice Cream Sundae! We left with a bag of caramel corn (OMG!!!!) and two sea salt caramels. Still dreaming about the moment I popped these in my mouth!
After you’ve stuffed your shopping bags with some goodies, I’d suggest taking a nice walk down Plant Street, which features some specialty shops, cafes, restaurants, and bars with some locally brewed beers on tap. Yum!
If you’re on vacation at the Vista Cay Resort, I highly recommend stocking up your beautiful kitchen with some of these yummy finds. You’ll thank me when you get home from the parks at midnight and your cabinets are full! This market is an awesome way to interact with some locals, get some fresh air outside the theme parks, and ditch the chain restaurants for some rare Florida finds!