This summer, our staff began a hunt for the best markets to find fresh, local goods to help you get a real taste of Florida! We’re highlighting our top 5 favorite vendors at each location, and will help you stock those cabinets in your beautiful kitchen at Vista Cay! Previously, we’ve featured the Winter Garden Farmers Marketand the Winter Park Farmers Market.
This week we are featuring….
Orlando Farmer’s Market
Lake Eola Park
Corner of E. Central Blvd and N. Eola Drive
Why we love it: The market is located in beautiful downtown, at Lake Eola Park. We love to watch the swans (and swan paddle boats for rent!) in the lake.
Why it is unique: The market features a shady Beer and Wine Garden in the middle of the market, and is open until 4 pm, later than most markets in the area
Distance to Vista Cay Resort: 35 minutes
The Orlando Farmers market is possibly the largest in the Orlando area, and is a great way to get out and enjoy Downtown Orlando. The scenery is breathtaking, as the market takes place along the banks of our beautiful Lake Eola. Your kids will love watching the swans swimming around and lounging on the banks, and you can even rent a swan paddleboat to take out onto the lake yourself. How fun!
Our Top 5 Favorite Vendors at the Orlando Farmers Market
- Tres Amigos Salsa– we absolutely love this salsa. It tastes so fresh and has the perfect amount of spice! Stop by for free sample to try it for yourself, then grab one for your Vista Cay fridge!
- The Lucky Dumpling Co– made to order dumplings, need we say more? Try their signature pork and ginger dumpling and enjoy them while they are hot!
- Scragg Groves– this booth offers the freshest pineapples and mangos I have tasted. But the real star of this booth is the pineapple mango juice! It is so sweet and refreshing. Try a sample and grab some to go with you.
- Sally Tomato– this stall basically has a mountain of tomatoes waiting to fill your bags. Delicious beefsteak tomatoes, beautiful orange heirlooms, and green tomatoes perfect for frying!
- Coco H2O– is there anything better than sipping coconut water straight out of a coconut on a hot summer day? We don’t think so. Head to this booth when you need something tasty to quench your thirst!
Once you’ve finished at the market, we bet you’d love to take a stroll around Lake Eola. If you’ve brought your family, your kids may like to play on the playground, or feed the ducks. There are also plenty of local cafes and restaurants around Lake Eola Park. At just a short drive from the Vista Cay Resort, this market is a great way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon, and see more of beautiful Downtown Orlando.
If you liked this article, be sure to check out our reviews of the Winter Garden Farmers Market and Winter Park Farmers Market.