By Lea Griffin
Lea is a flight attendant and travel enthusiast with long standing ties to Orlando.
We’ve all been there before: you’re tired and worn out from a long day at the parks and all you want to do now is put some food in your mouth and your head on a pillow. In fact, it feels like you’ve been doing that for your entire vacation. But don’t let your vacation go by without planning at least one fancy night to make you feel special and to recharge the batteries. To help you do that, I’ve compiled a list of five restaurants in Orlando with a fantastic ambiance.
1. Emeril’s Tchoup Chop. Located within the Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, this particular Emeril’s takes a detour from the usual menu and instead serves an Asian-Polynesian cuisine that would make any foodie wag his or her tail in excitement. As good as the food is, the appearance of the restaurant, which is decorated in a contemporary style with a South Pacific flair, only adds to the experience. The colors are deep and vibrant, and there’s nothing loud or hectic about it. In fact, it’s so quiet and peaceful in the restaurant that many guests are apt to forget that the resort pool is located right outside.
2. Bahama Breeze. Quiet is all well and good, but if you’re one of those people that likes to be the in the center of the action, then this Bahamian themed restaurant is the way to go. With live bands, multiple gazebos, and an actual fire pit, the action will seem to be all around you as familiarize yourself with island-style food. And because the drinks are so spectacular, you’ll have no trouble relaxing and joining the party.
3. Sanaa. Featuring a unique combination of African and Indian cuisine, this Walt Disney World Restaurant can be found in the Animal Kingdom Villas. This means that not only do the large windows found throughout the dining room allow for lots of light, but it gives the guests an opportunity to view gazelles, zebras, giraffes, and more while relaxing after a long day. Want to spice up the dinner conversation? You can make a reservation and have dinner with an animal specialist.
4. Christini’s Ristorante Italiano. This restaurant is the perfect choice when accommodating a party with very different tastes in food. Who doesn’t love Italian? This five star restaurant offers the very best in food and wine. The atmosphere in the restaurant is quiet, with an accordion player to entertain. The decor itself is Italian, and so interesting to look at that you might forget you’re hungry.
5. Cafe TuTu Tango. If fancy and/or pricey is not what you’re into, but you still want a great atmosphere, then perhaps Cafe TuTu Tango is the way to go. This tapas restaurant has a more laid-back, bohemian style interior, with local artists providing the art hanging from the walls. The utensils are arranged to look like paint brushes and every surface is covered with a bright splash of paint. Feel free to walk around and enjoy the art; you can even buy a piece if you like it.
Now go get dressed up and visit a restaurant that not only has incredible food, but a killer atmosphere that takes you away from the theme park craziness. You deserve it. All of these restaurants choices are within a 20 minute drive of the Vista Cay Resort!