Those of you who have visited Orlando in the past will surely remember the wonderful Downtown Disney, a part of the Disney World Resort. This area, featuring bars, restaurants and specialty stores, was a wonderful way to escape the parks for a day. This year, Disney World has totally revamped Downtown Disney into the all-new Disney Springs, and if you haven’t been, you need to check it out on your next visit! Disney Springs is a total upgrade and is even more awesome than its predecessor.
Disney Springs is a great half-day outing that is sure to please the whole family. Some of the old favorites from Downtown Disney remain, like Cirque du Soleil, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the Lego Imagination Center, but with the new additions, there are over 150 shopping and dining options for your family to enjoy!
The new restaurants are truly what make Disney Springs unique. You can have a casual bite at one of the quick service cafes, grab a pastry and coffee, take your family out for a fun themed dinner, or even celebrate a special occasion at one of the more upscale dining venues. But with this many amazing options, it can be tough to figure out where to go, what to eat, etc. We’ve made it easy on you! Here are 5 of our favorite restaurants at Disney Springs, and why you should check them out.
Top 5 Restaurants at Disney Springs
1. STK– This restaurant is the perfect addition to Disney Springs because it offers guests the option for a fancier dining experience. STK is an upscale steakhouse, so we recommend it for a nice dinner. It’s also worth checking out for a drink from the bar, which can be enjoyed on their rooftop patio!
2. Sprinkles– The place to satisfy your sweet tooth craving! Sprinkles offers gourmet cupcakes as well as cookies and specialty ice creams. They even have a cupcake ATM that will fetch your cupcakes for you without even having to step inside. Pretty cool!
3. Wolfgang Puck Express– This is perfect if you’re looking for something casual to enjoy with your family, and you should totally check it out for breakfast! Wolfgang Express is serving up a bacon, egg and cheese BREAKFAST PIZZA that is totally delicious and could feed a family of 4.
4. Morimoto Asia Street Food- If you’re looking for a snack between meals, check out the street food counter outside of Morimoto Asia. While the inside dining area is a beautiful choice for a sit down meal, the street food counter offers up some seriously delicious choices. Favorites like egg rolls, lo mein noodles and sushi rolls can be enjoyed here, and don’t forget to wash it down with a Popping Boba Tea or fresh squeezed lemonade.
5. Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar– An awesome place to grab a drink and they are probably one of the only places in Disney World to offer a HAPPY HOUR! That’s right, weekdays from 3-6:30 PM. Enjoy all of the fun food, cocktails, and décor, wonderfully themed from Indiana Jones!
Check out the all-new Disney Springs during your stay at the Vista Cay Resort, and let us know what you think of all the changes!